2007-10-31: Bound-T/SPARC version 3c
Version 3c of Bound-T/SPARC, the version of Bound-T for the ERC32 SPARC V7
processor, was released today. The new version is accompanied by an
updated Application Note (pdf).
From the release notes of Bound-T/SPARC version 3c:
- Corrected the analysis of references to stacked parameters
in subprograms called by tail calls (CALL;RESTORE).
- Corrected the earlier unsafe assumption that a subprogram never
modifies its stacked parameters. Now the safe (initial)
assumption is that changes can happen; which changes happen is
then found by analysis.
- Analysis of subprograms with switch/case statements should
often be faster, becase dynamic jumps are re-analysed only
if their first analysis created more flow-paths into the
- Arithmetic analysis of subprograms with many dynamic data
references may be faster because (by default) only the relevant
references are analysed.
- New option -alone to analyse only the root subprogram and
none of its callees.
- New option -arith_ref to control which dynamic
data references are subjected to arithmetic analysis.
- New option -par=const or -par=var to say if a call
can or cannot change the caller's local stacked variables.
- Improved "locus" information for some error and warning
messages related to RapiTime. The message now identifies
the relevant subprogram and/or call.